Helicotrema, festival of recorded pieces, is back at the Teatrino with two new appointments. Inspired by the experience of the first decades of radio broadcasts of the 20th century, the sound pieces are presented during sessions of collective listening.
This year the appointments organised at the Teatrino di Palazzo Grassi are inspired by major themes of Damien Hirst's exhibition Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable.
Listening sessions dedicated to the theme of underwater worlds and to search for submersed languages and sounds
- The Shape of Water curated by Blauer Hase and Giulia Morucchio
- Maelstrom curated by Blauer Hase and Giulia Morucchio
- The Touch of Sound, live performance by Canadian composer and sound ecologist Hildegard Westerkamp
Listening sessions dedicated to the dualism reality / ficiton
- Bluff curated by Blauer Hase and Giulia Morucchio
- The Trap curated by Blauer Hase and Giulia Morucchio
- Mixed Signals, live performance by South African artist James Webb
Helicotrema – Festival Audio Registrato is curated by Blauer Hase and Giulia Morucchio.
Helicotrema 6 is organised in collaboration with Palazzo Grassi - Punta della Dogana, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana, Università IUAV di Venezia, Eventi Arte Venezia, Microclima/Serra dei Giardini.